Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A working meal plan!

I think I've finally found a plan that works!  Here are my days (for each theme I have 4-6 options and I select which one works best that week:


Sun- Salad

Blackbean & Corn Salad
Quinoa salad
Blackbean & Quinoa Sala
Meat and Salad
*green salad with canned beans
Mon- Mexican
Bean Burritos
Chili
Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Peppers
*TJ’s frozen burritos
Tues- Around the World
Egyptian Lentil Stew
Mujadara
Curry
Chana Masala
*Take Out Middle Eastern Food
Weds- Soup http://images.musthavemenus.com/images/13/1181589779100_508/img_1181589779100_5081.jpg
Lentil Soup
Red Lentil & pumpkin soup
Sneaky Black Bean Soup
*TJ’s Box Soup
Thurs- American

*Veggie Burgers
*Hot Dogs
Portabella Mushrooms
Sloppy Lentils
Fri- Italian
*Pasta & Sauce
Bean Bruschetta
Pizza

Sat- Stir Fry

Peanut Ginger Stir Fry
Lemon Stir Fry
Grilled Veggie Wraps with Honey Mustard Sauce
*Frozen Veggies and beans

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Whats the lemon stir fry? Now that we are soy free I am trying to reinvent what stir fry means.
    I've also never done a honey mustard sauce. Interesting idea. The kids like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Brynn- that honey mustard thing is my attempt to recreate what I had at the brewery when I visited you! I haven't perfected it yet, but it really all depends on the veggies I put in it if the kids will eat it. Sometimes they just prefer hummus. And lemon stir fry is basically lemon & garlic and random spices (basil?).

    ReplyDelete