Thursday, June 28, 2012

Banana Oat Bars

Here they are, Sharon.  Banana Oat Bars... I change how I make them every time but here are the basics:

2 mashed bananas
2 cups quick oats (I have used slightly ground up old fashioned but quick work better)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (omitted the last time, I didn't have it)
1/2 cup dried fruit (dates, raisins, chopped apricots, cranberries, or whatever is on hand)
1/4 cup nuts & seeds (the original recipe calls for walnuts but I don't do walnuts so my mix has some of the following: sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, almond slices)
1/4 cup applesauce
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
honey (maybe a Tbsp or slightly more?)
Cinnamon (maybe a 1/2 tsp?)
Nutmeg (1/4 tsp?)
Vanilla (splash)
Almond Butter (1/4 cup?)
Cocoa Powder


Mix all, put in 8x8 pan.  350 oven for 30 minutes (it will turn brown on edges).  Let cool in pan.  Cut and eat.

If you're wondering about the exact ones I made today, Sharon and Ted, I omitted the coconut and Cocoa Powder and used quick oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment