Monday, May 24, 2010

The Grill

This Mother's day I asked for a Grill & I got something even nicer than I expected! It has three burners (which apparently is going to be awesome once I really figure out how to grill) and lots of space for food. We had some friends over for kabobs the other night and I bought tofu for our veggie friends who decided not to have it. So tonight I tried a new recipe with tofu (and tested the soy allergy) and it was absolutely awesome. Here is a rough estimate of what I did:

Grilled Tofu Peanut Satay
Tofu

Marinade:
Olive oil
ground ginger
brown sugar
red wine vinegar
cumin
coriander
Peanut butter (2 Tbsp?)
salt

Peanut Sauce (adapted from here: http://www.phoo-d.com/2010/01/shrimp-and-tofu-satay.html)
3/4 cup coconut milk (light is fine)
6 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander

1. Drain Tofu & cut into 6 'fingers'
2. Marinade in mix above
3. Grill
4. Prepare sauce by mixing and letting sit
5. Dip grilled Tofu in sauce.

I also served my favorite bean & corn recipe that I always forget about: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/558


No comments:

Post a Comment